Our Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BROKEN [YJ/TT RPG -BFFs Only]

3 posters

Page 79 of 93 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 86 ... 93  Next

Go down

BROKEN [YJ/TT RPG -BFFs Only] - Page 79 Empty Re: BROKEN [YJ/TT RPG -BFFs Only]

Post by shinefairy Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:54 pm

"Right..." Dick muttered, keeping a low profile but also keeping an eye out for any sign they might not have friendly intentions. However, he was glad that they didn't really seem that interested and they could just walk past them without any questions being asked. "You good?" He turned to ask Sam, knowing she'd probably been pretty nervous.

Brooke was relieved they didn't care or at least didn't seem to. But there was a lot of people going in an out of big cities like this. She was sure they'd approach a market or some sort of trade soon.
shinefairy
shinefairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily07 Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:38 pm

"It's their weird way to stay that we should stay "cool", calm, ya know" Jason explained in a low voice, so that Wally and Dick couldn't hear him. "Gotta act natural"
Jason had no issue remaining with his emotionless, yet slightly angry-looking face. Whenever he rested his expression, he always had a slight frown.

"Y-Yeah" Sam muttered, trying to act calm, yet it was hard for her as she tried to keep an eye out. She wanted to stay alert, in case anyone noticed her hair. So she walked close to Dick, staying a bit behind him, sort of hiding, just in case.
Lily07
Lily07

Back to top Go down

Post by NiaHearts Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:16 pm

(translation: Jason has a resting bitch face 👀🤣)

Jackie only nodded when she understood. She kept her head low, just wanting to assess her surroundings and find out places where they could run in a hurry, places to maybe sell or trade like how Brooke was doing and she stopped in her tracks after seeing some old CD players like back in the '90s when he had to hold them in your pockets, and other kinds of musical devices. A lot of them had to be charged in order to work, or need a batteries, which was rare, so the work table was kind of empty besides The person just looking like he was about to fall asleep while in the camping chair.

Jackie glance that all of her friends and she tugged on Jason's elbow. " Hey, uh, Will you stay and watch my back? I kind of want to check this out." She gestured her head to the kind of music stand that was at the beginning of all of the other booths with stuff to trade and sell and bargain for.

Wally was kind of hoping for any kind of smell of something fresh and warm, but they were out of luck so far. His stomach was grumbling and he clenched it muttering slight swear words under his breath. He was definitely hungry and there was no way he could flash them out of there if trouble arised at any second so he just prayed to some unknown God that he didn't really believe in that no trouble would be coming their way anytime soon.

The market was pretty open, guarded by a lot of people with guns, bow and arrows, And God knew what else to keep this place well guarded. He saw the snipers on the rooftops the minute his mortal eyes could see with all of the dense fog around. Pretty smart to use fog as a cover to any potential threats. And not just a crazy kind either.
NiaHearts
NiaHearts
Admin

https://temporary.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shinefairy Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:17 pm

(Haha. That comment has be DYING!!! 🤣🤣🤣 SO TRUE!)

Brooke was on the lookout for something completely different. Ammo. She was out of bullets and she didn't have any melee weapons either, which wasn't good in this fucked up world. However, since Kaldur and his men took her backpack when they ran into them she didn't exactly have anything to trade. But..., She could always steal. There were a lot of guarded people around New York but jumping them would be stupid and she wasn't the best pickpocket. She bet that Dick and Jason was... However, if she just found some laying around some of these buildings that would be nice. "Hey, I'm checking some of these buildings out, okay?" She told the others before she strolled off.

Dick arched an eyebrow and looked after her. Hopefully she wouldn't get herself in trouble. But she was smart, not stupid. "Hey, you're good," Dick told Sam, seeing how she was making sure her hair was covered. All the people and guns probably made her jumpy.
shinefairy
shinefairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily07 Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:59 pm

(((LOL way too real XD ))

Jason looked at the music devices stand with curiosity.
He nodded.
"Sure" he told Jackie, and walked after her as she approached the stand. He made sure to keep an eye out, sometimes people pick-pocketed while you were getting ready to trade, so he didn't mind staying close to Jackie if she planned to do that.

"Oh, thanks, that's a relief" Sam said with a nervous smile.
"Uh, you think we could find something useful here?" she asked in a low voice as they approached different stands, with all sort of stuff to trade. "Some seeds would be great... maybe some apple seeds?" she joked a bit, just to try to act calm and ease her own tension. Still, she has only half-joking, as she wouldn't mind to have some fruit tree seeds. That'd give them some good food for the road.
Lily07
Lily07

Back to top Go down

Post by NiaHearts Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:46 pm

"H-Hey!! Wait up! " Wally called after her. He did a quick glance at the rest of his friends before he took off after her, normal speed of course. He didn't exactly like the idea of separating, but they might be able to find more as separate companies then actual groups. Plus, a group in a place like this would only bring more attention to themselves then they wanted or needed at the moment.

"Haven't you ever heard of the Buddy system? " He asked Brooke once he caught up to her. He did a quick glance and whispered to her, " I'm not doubting you can take care of yourself, but going off on your own is a bad idea. "

Jackie smiled before she saw Brooke and Wally take off and saw that Dick and Sam were in a conversation of their own so she just nodded her head towards the music stand and started walking towards it.

An old African American man was the one Manning the little " shop ". He looked to be about in his '50s, '60s at worst. Surprising to see that he was living if she was being honest. Most people around that age didn't get around that well and could escape all the monsters that prowled the streets. But there was something in his eyes that made Jackie have some kind of trust in him. Not much, but there was still kindness there.

She gave him a nod and he nodded back before he continue to watch the streets for any more customers.

Jackie found all kinds of music. From records, to little VHS looking tapes that went into walkman's. It was that, and the CD player she saw under a layer of heavy thick dust and what she prayed was it mold or anything like that. "Haven't seen one of these in forever, " She told Jason who was standing right at the mouth of the kind of tent that was set up there.

(What kind of recordings like the device goes into a walkman? I only know what it's called because of guardians of the Galaxy and The last of Us lol XD)
NiaHearts
NiaHearts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinefairy Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:32 pm

(haha. Asking the oldies aren't we? XD a Walkman carries cassettes. Those were the first walkmans. There are also carry on CD players that came after which carries CDs of course. As for music. Any type really. First walkmans obviously had older music that was released at that time. I had those xD I believe I had both one with cassettes and CDs)

"The buddy system?" Brooke repealed, looking at him with an arched eyebrow. Did he just make that up? She shook her head before she just walked from the marketplace, trying to not draw too much attention. If he wanted to follow her, that was up to him.

Dick chuckled lightly. "That would be nice, but I doubt it. We might find some other useful stuff though," he said, walking and looking among the stuff they sold at the market.

shinefairy
shinefairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily07 Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:42 am

((xD))

"I hope so" Sam said with a cheerful smile, even if she really really hoped they could find some seeds. Even an apple core would help.
Still, she followed Dick around, looking at all the things in the market. Sadly, she didn't have much to trade, so she tried not to think too hard about the things she wished she had.

Jason walked closer to take a look.
"Woah, yeah, some pretty old stuff over here" he said. Sure, it wasn't ancient, but still. "Wish they'd work, some music would be cool to play from time to time" he added. Honestly, before the end of the world, he did enjoy listening to loud music at the manor. Alfred hated it, and told him to turn it down constantly, but he just loved it too much to even care.

His hands grew suddenly ice cold at the memory, so he quickly blocked the thoughts. He didn't want to think about Alfred, or Wayne Manor, or anything from back then. It didn't help, it was pointless, useless.

"You wanna give any of these a try?" he asked Jackie after clearing his throat, trying to distract himself from his own mind.
Lily07
Lily07

Back to top Go down

Post by NiaHearts Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:23 pm

(cassette tapes, thank you! And lol no XD I just well sort of. I just forgot what they were called. Walkman's went out as soon as I was born and portable CD players came into play and then when I was growing up in the 2000s, we had iPods and other devices for music. I wish I had a walkman though, I like how they are.)

Wally just rolled his eyes before he stuck his tongue out at her before realizing how a childish he was being. So he just stuck his hands in his pockets and followed after her, not wanting her to get hurt or to cause more trouble. She had a habit of causing trouble when she was alone. Not that he would tell her that anyway. But his eyes scanned the streets, and All of the markets and what they sold and traded. He knew half of them probably were wanted a criminals, but he couldn't do anything about it right then. Nobody could. They lived in a lawless world, where the stronger and more capable you were, the better you were off surviving. He had learned the hard way to pick and choose his battles once the first bomb dropped.

"Yeah," Jackie said, trying to conceal how excited she actually was. She really, really hoped that some of these worked. She put the walkman headphones on her head and she noticed that there was a cassette tape already inside of one of them. So she plugged it up, hit play, and waited.

There was a little bit of a scratching sound before actual music started to play. Jackie couldn't help but to let out a little gasp after hearing the music in her ears. Sounded like something country, maybe, who was that guy again? Something Presley?

She took off the headset, beaming like a star and told Jason excitedly, " I - it works! It really fucking worked! H-Here, listen! " She told him as she went ahead and put the headphones on his head before he could protest and hit play on The Walkman. She bit her lip, waiting for his reaction.
NiaHearts
NiaHearts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinefairy Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:29 pm

(well they still work xD)

Wally should be happy Brooke didn't catch him doing that or she probably would have made a comment. Once she got a bit off sights she walked inside one of the buildings, starting to go through the rooms to see what she could find. Of course most things would have been cleaned out, but you could always find something.

Dick went over what they were selling. A lot of useful stuff, like weapons, medicine, food etc. But also a lot of trash in his opinion. Most of these things were overpriced and he didn't have a lot to trade with, or at least not stuff he wanted to trade.
shinefairy
shinefairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 79 of 93 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 86 ... 93  Next