Our Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Young Justice Beyond

2 posters

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

Young Justice Beyond - Page 12 Empty Re: Young Justice Beyond

Post by NiaHearts Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:12 pm

Carter had taken out the contacts and place them back in the little case that she was given, especially glad she did because just hearing dick till another girl she loved her really put her in another bad mood. But she tried not to show it as she looked up at him and said, "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be? " Then she looked down at her clothes and the slight scratches that marred her arms, legs, and face. " Oh yeah. Just a flesh wound, nothing serious. I'm not going to die. "

Like you'd really care, She wanted to add but refrained from doing so. She really wasn't in the mood for another fight.

Wally only flinched a little bit when he felt her touch his shoulder and then relaxed when she stroked his back. He let out a sigh, nodding his head. " Yeah, yeah I...."He gripped his fists before turning to her slightly. " Actually no, I'm not fine. I hate just sitting on the sidelines, knowing that I couldn't help them. D-Dont get me wrong, I wouldn't go back and change what I did to keep you with me, I just feel so... So helpless. "

He was only telling her this because they were soon to be married, and he wanted no secrets from her.
NiaHearts
NiaHearts
Admin

https://temporary.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shinefairy Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:25 pm

Dick only nodded before walking over to sit down in the recliner next to the couch. "These nights makes me miss Mei," Dick admitted before explaining. "She'd always tend to my sorry ass after a mission went wrong. Hope she's not feeling guilty now..." He said, knowing that putting an end to the factory's really mattered to her because of how it was polluting the ocean. He'd do anything to help her, so this? Was worth it.

Mei got a frown on her face and she continued to stroke his back in a comforting way. "You're not helpless. Far from it." She told him. But she could feel it. Feel that he was feeling that way and it made her sad. "If anyone's helpless, it's me." She admitted, because this was something that was important to her and she couldn't do anything to stop it herself. But she didn't want to make this about her. "You're smart, you know how to fight, how to help people." Mei told him. "You don't need your powers to do that."
shinefairy
shinefairy

Back to top Go down

Post by NiaHearts Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:50 pm

Carter let out a half-hearted laugh before she went quiet. She bit her lip, debating on whether to ask a question or not. She looked away from Dick a moment before she turned back and asked him, " Did.... Did you miss me after I left? "

It was highly unlikely given that he and the rest of the league was pretty persuaded that she had a part in killing Wally. Yes, she did shoot him but it wasn't her fault. She was being controlled. And yes, it hurt like hell that Dick of all people didn't believe her when she tried to explain but she was the one who had ran away... Carter just couldn't take it anymore, couldn't take the look in his eyes anymore. The look that she had destroyed his whole world. That she was a monster.

Wally turned to her after she said that. He grabbed her arms gently and told her, " You're not helpless either, babe. Not in the least. I know it's pathetic that I'm throwing myself a little pity party, but really, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself either. "

She really shouldn't be. She could heal with those beautiful hands of hers. And she could do some damage underwater, if given the proper training. If she wanted to, maybe he could ask Kaldur to do just that.
NiaHearts
NiaHearts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinefairy Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:54 pm

Dick wished she hadn't asked that question because he wasn't really sure of his answer. He was silent for s moment before he said. "I didn't, at first..." He said before thinking about it. He continued. "I was so angry at you... Disappointed..." He said. Before looking up at her. "But I still loved you, besides what I was feeling and it... Confused me. But, to answer your question. Yeah, I missed you C. Even though I didn't want to." He explained before adding. "I know that's uncalled for now, knowing the truth. And I am sorry."

Mei kept her frown. "I don't want to risk Carter and Dick's life because of something that's important to me," she told him. But she knew that the last time she tried to do anything herself that almost ended badly, well. She would have been fine, but still. Wally didn't want her to do things like that.
shinefairy
shinefairy

Back to top Go down

Post by NiaHearts Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:20 pm

Carter had turned her head slightly to the side so he wouldn't see the slight tears that were threatening to emerge from her eyes. Dammit, Carter! Why the hell are you wanting to cry right now?! It was because he had said " Loved ". Past tense. Had loved her. Now?

She closed her eyes for 1 second before taking a breath, and when she released the breath, she turned to him with a little smile. Acting like she was totally fine and prayed that he would buy it. " Apologies accepted. Thank you. " Then she got up and walked over to pat him on the shoulder. Her hand might have stayed on his shoulder for a little longer than she meant to, but then she said, " I'm going to go take a nap real quick and a shower. Is it okay if I go first? " Anything to get away from this awkward situation she put herself in. She should never have asked, but she was curious. Maybe she was trying to see if something deep inside of Dick still cared for her and more than just friend away.

Guess not.

"Mei, they have done the same for less. Besides, if they didn't do it for you, someone was bound to do it anyway. There are still people out there that actually care about the environment. Speaking of, we should really start to recycle, don't you think? " Wally gave her a lopsided grin, hoping to redirect the conversation to something ligbter. Carter and Dick had done it. They destroy the machines that were distributing the fabric so that was a win in his book.
NiaHearts
NiaHearts
Admin

shinefairy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by shinefairy Mon May 01, 2023 6:04 pm

"Y-yeah, yeah. You go ahead," Dick nodded, looking at her hand on his shoulder before looking up at her and giving her a small smile. It was a little awkward living with her there, given their history. Dick mostly thought so because of the way he treated Carter. With blaming her for Wally's death when it turned out it wasn't really her fault at all?

A part of him wanted to believe what she said. That it was okay. But he knew and she knew that it wasn't okay, and that probably would leave a scar in their relationship forever. Even if it was just as friends. Friends... For a brief moment Dick wondered where they might have been now if Carter hadn't left. If she hadn't been blamed for Wally's death. Would the two of them be making engagement plans like Wally and Mei? Dick quickly dismissed the thought. That was in the past and what happened had happened.

A smile came to Mei's face as the suggestion. She had been living on land long enough to know what recycling was. She nodded in agreement. "I think we should. Maybe we could go clean up the beach as well?" She suggested. Whenever she was at the beach she'd always see trash just thrown in the sand and it always made her angry. It wasn't right that she'd have to pick up after others, but she'd do it if no one else did or else it would end up in the ocean and sea life would suffer from it.
shinefairy
shinefairy

Back to top Go down

Post by NiaHearts Sat May 06, 2023 6:51 pm

"Thanks ." With a final light tap on his shoulder, Carter went and ascended the stairs to her bedroom to get some clothes for her shower. She grabbed everything and was soon in the shower, just letting the warm water go over herself. She tried not to let the horrible thoughts penetrate her mind, but she was so tired and so weak. She curled into herself and was letting out soft tears, just finally having a second to let her guard down. She always did stuff alone...

Oh, maybe he shouldn't have brought it up. "Ah, yeah, sure thing. Sounds like fun,"he said, not really thinking it would be fun at all. It would be different if he had his powers, but maybe doing something that Mei was passionate about would make her feel happy then he would do it for her
NiaHearts
NiaHearts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinefairy Sun May 07, 2023 12:29 pm

Dick smiled a little but a small frown was still on his face. Maybe he should do something to make it up to Carter for everything that happened? Something to just repay for treating her like an ass. But what?

Mei only gave him a look. "You don't think that's fun at all, do you?" It wasn't a question, she could literally tell that he didn't mean those words. She didn't exactly blame him though. Cleaning the beach wasn't really something she guessed a lot of people thought was fun
shinefairy
shinefairy

Back to top Go down

Post by NiaHearts Tue May 09, 2023 9:13 pm

Carter had finally sucked it up and womaned up to gather herself and she took her shower, shaves a little bit because she wanted to while she had the time, and took care of everything else before finally stepping out in some clothes. "Showers open! "She called down to Dick. Then she called, " I'm going to take a nap real quick. Need me to do anything before I do?"

"Honestly? It's not what I would be doing on a normal night off, but If it makes you happy, then it makes me happy too. So I'll do it for you, " Wally told her, smiling. He would walk on hot coals if it made her happy.
NiaHearts
NiaHearts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinefairy Wed May 10, 2023 4:47 pm

"Um, no. You're good!" Dick called back, sitting by the coffe table and looking at some things in his phone. She deserved some rest.

Mei smiled when he said that. She could tell that he meant it. "Thank you," she said, grabbing his hands and holding them.
shinefairy
shinefairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next