Our Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re: Young Justice - don't call them sidekicks

3 posters

Page 23 of 100 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 61 ... 100  Next

Go down

Re: Young Justice - don't call them sidekicks - Page 23 Empty Re: Re: Young Justice - don't call them sidekicks

Post by NiaHearts Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:17 pm

((Right!? ^^))

"Kim!!" Both Zatara sisters made their way over to Kim while they let the rest of the Team handle the assassins. Zatanna caught Kim in her arms and looked over the spilling wound in her stomach. "Oh my God, she's dying," she said, which made Zerena's eyes go wide and felt slightly sick in her stomach. Their friend was dying right in front of their eyes.

"W-What can we do?" Zerena asked, beginning to freak out. She didn't pay attention to the arrow flying past her when Wally had flashed and caught the arrow, making her gasp and look up. "Kid-"

"I'll cover you! Just help her!" Kid Flash said, going to assist the rest of the Team with the assassins. He didn't care about his lack of belief in magic. He just needed to make sure she didn't die!

"W-We don't..." Zerena was looking back and forth between them. She thought about something and held her arms, chanting, "Dleihs a edivorp!" A little dome covered the girls now from any attack from the outside, but Zerena had to keep a focus on it so it wouldn't break. "Zatanna, you got anything!?"

"I'm trying to think," Zatanna said, having put her hands on Kim's wound to try and keep it from bleeding. The blood soaked her gloves and her heart beat fast, beads of sweat going down her face. She was going through everything in her head when she thought of something. "W-Wait... The Amulet of Anubis," she whispered.

Zerena looked back, eyes wide. "What!? No! W-We can't use that!! If we do, Kim's soul will be-"

"-trapped, I know, but Zerena, she'll die and we'll never get her back if we don't do it!"

"Do you even know the proper spell!? Dad said he was only able to conjure it once and it took days until his magic was replenished!" Zerena reminded her, hands trembling when some arrows hit the shield over them.

"I remember reading it. If we work together, we can probably summon it and we should be able to catch her soul in it," Zatanna said. "We have to hurry! She's fading!"

Zerena frowned before she put the shield down. "Guys! Cover us!" she told them, kneeling down to begin the spell. She grabbed one of Kim's hands first. "Kim, if you can hear me, i-its gonna be okay," she said. She then let Kim's hand go to grab her sisters so they could perform the spell. "Anubis great god of death one who weighs the hearts of man. I call to thee come here from the afterlife so mote it be. Anubis great god of death one who weighs the hearts of man. I call to thee come here from the afterlife so mote it be. Anubis great god of death one who weighs the hearts of man. I call to thee come here from the afterlife so mote it be," they chanted together. Every time they said it, their eyes glowed a brighter yellow, their heads began to hurt, and Zerena could definitely feel a drain in her magic before a golden circle appeared before them. Then something slowly floated towards them from the depth of the circle and landed in front of them and dropped.

Both girls let go of their hands and took a deep breath, trying to not pass out from the effort it took to summon the spell. "This...this it?" Zerena asked, seeing the amulet in front of them. She went to grab it when Zatanna quickly did.

"I'll do it," Zatanna said, not wanting her sister to spare anymore magic. She looked over at their friends. "Just a little longer!"
NiaHearts
NiaHearts
Admin

https://temporary.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Justice - don't call them sidekicks - Page 23 Empty Re: Re: Young Justice - don't call them sidekicks

Post by Lily07 Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:57 pm

Kim couldn't understand what was going on, but she was able to see Zerena and Zatanna as they got to her side.

She closed her eyes, not able to stay awake for much longer; it took too much energy.
And what for? This was it, she had accepted it.

She could barely hear the two sisters chanting, yet the yellow glow of their eyes managed to reach hers even through her closed eyelids. Still, she didn't find the strength to see what was going on.

Instead, her breathing became shallow, and a few moments later, she was unconscious.
Lily07
Lily07

Back to top Go down

Post by NiaHearts Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:52 pm

"Okay, it's ready," Zatanna told Zerena. They knew this was the hard part. Watching her die.

Zerena frowned and looked down at Kim and held her hand. "Its gonna be okay, Kim. You're gonna be okay," she whispered, gripping her hand tightly. She needed to tell her that things were gonna be okay in the end. "This isn't goodbye. We'll..." Tears formed in her eyes, "we'll see you again soon, okay?"
NiaHearts
NiaHearts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily07 Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:18 pm

Zerena's words reached Kim, yet she was unconscious and couldn't really understand what they meant.
The sounds of the real world mixed with Kim's last dreams, a messy mashup of memories, feelings, and pain.

As the images passing in front of her in her dreams sped up, almost turning everything black, she heard it "We'll see you again soon, okay?"

And with that, the darkness swallowed her, and her heart stopped beating.
Lily07
Lily07

Back to top Go down

Post by NiaHearts Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:07 pm

Zerena noticed that Kim lay limp in her arms and she began to cry even more. "We're sorry..." she whispered, holding Kim's hand. When she looked up, she saw that their friends had taken out most of the assassins and that Ra's still got away. That devil. How could he do this!?

Kid Flash panted, rubbing his shoulder that had gotten swiped at and he looked back over at where the two sorceresses sat with Kim. His eyes went wide when he noticed that Zerena was crying more heavily and that Zatanna was looking just as distressed as Kim.... "No," he whispered, realizing that Kim didn't make it.
NiaHearts
NiaHearts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinefairy Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:47 pm

(So Sad)

In the meantime Artemis was chillin with Jason. Not like she had a choice to be honest. She wasn't sure if she found Dick, or Jason more annoying. No. They were fine. But it was kind of awkward being stuck at the mansion with Jason, as she didn't know him too well and Alfred. Actually it was just weird knowing Bruce Wayne was the batman.

The two was just watching some boring tv show and eating dinner that Alfred made them even though neither of them were hungry. Artemis had her arm on the back of the couch, resting her head in her hand. All she could think about was the team's mission. Aha glanced at Jason.

"Are you really watching that?" She asked, seeing as he seemed more interested than anything in whatever was on tv.

"Huh?" Jason didn't even look away from the tv as he swallowed. "Yeah," He took another bite. Sure he wasn't hungry but he didn't say no to Alfred's cooking.

Artemis sighed. It was like talking to a wall.

Jason noticed the silence and looked at her after a moment. He had expected her to say something more. "Why? Are you thinking about the team?" He asked, arching an eyebrow and he licked the sause from his fingertips.

"Yeah. I don't know to think about this mission. I'm worried and I feel like this mess is all because of me," Artemis said. It kind of was. Well, not initialy but they were making a deal with Ra's al Ghul to help her. And with Kim. Even though Artemis didn't quite like her it wasn't right.

" Well, I don't know about that but seems the team all want to help you," Jason said. He didn't know Artemis too well and she was hard to read. Somehow she felt similar to himself. Hard to show her real feelings. He frowned a little. "Why won't you let them?"

Artemis looked away. "I don't know." She admitted. And she didn't. It was just weird to have people care for you that much.

Jason knew what she meant. "I know that feeling." It was the same for him when Zerena wanted to help him. Then the same with Bruce. He had always been in his own. He didn't need help. It was something he never got. So having it now was new to him. He guessed it was new to her too.
shinefairy
shinefairy

Back to top Go down

Post by NiaHearts Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:55 pm

During that time, the Team realized what happened to Kim. They fought off the last of the assassins, but had to retreat to the ship in case more came. It was all a blur to Zerena. One second she was holding Kim's lifeless body, and the next she was being picked up by Superboy and Zatanna had helped her shock form to the ship.

When she finally began to process the whole thing, she rose her head to see Kid Flash sitting farther away from them while Superboy stayed by Kim's body that was on a table M'gann produced- and the martian? She was crying as she flew the Bio-Ship away from the ancient headquarters. Zerena looked back down at her gloved hands that were covered in blood. What the hell just happened?
NiaHearts
NiaHearts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily07 Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:17 pm

M'gann was having a hard time flying the Bio-Ship, as the tears just kept rolling down her cheeks. She did her best not to glance at the table where Kim's body was, and tried to keep her mind calm just so she could control both herself and the ship.
But it was hard. It was really hard.

They had a plan. This did not have to happen. This shouldn't have happened. And she kept telling herself that during the whole trip back.
Lily07
Lily07

Back to top Go down

Post by NiaHearts Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:08 pm

The trip felt like it took forever, when in reality it was at least an hour before they made it back to the Cave. Superboy was to carry Kim's body, but instead he was grabbing Wally by his shirt and pinned him to the wall as soon as they boarded off the ship. "You bastard!" he yelled as he pressed the young speedster to the wall.

"Conner, stop!" Zatanna exclaimed, eyes wide.

Wally winced after hitting the wall, but he didn't fight back. He actually expected this. Without looking at Conner, he whispered, "Con, just listen-"

"What!? What kind of lies are you gonna say to cover your ass! This is your fault!" Conner growled, pressing him even harder against the wall.

"She was okay with it!!!" Wally yelled, finally looking down at Conner. He breathed hard and he repeated, "Kim was okay with this. She knew what she was getting into."
NiaHearts
NiaHearts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinefairy Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:18 pm

"What are you talking about, KF?" Robin walked over. "She was okay with dying?" It seemed ireasonable. No one wanted to die. And did they make this plan up behind their backs? How could he have missed that... Now it was too late. Kim was dead.
shinefairy
shinefairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 100 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 61 ... 100  Next